Monarch Portland Cement Company was incorporated
The first car of Monarch cement was shipped on July
H.F.G. Wulf was appointed receiver of the company.
Reorganized and incorporated as The Monarch Cement
Company on July 29.
Annual cement capacity was 1.5 million barrels, or
3 crushers were in operation: A 24" Allis-Chalmers
gyratory primary crusher and two 12" secondary
Monarch purchased it's first Vulcan steam-driven railroad
The first storage silos were built by Lehrack Constructors
Company between 1916 and 1917.
Original mills were replaced with two 7' by
24' tube mills and two kominuters in raw milling.
Three 7' by 24' tube mills and four kominuters
replaced the original finish mills.
The crushers were replaced with a 42"
Allis-Chalmers gyratory followed by a 36" Williams
Transitioned from direct current to alternating
Quarry boxcars were replaced with larger side dump
Mules were replaced with 8-ton steam engines.